Friday, November 25, 2005

Introduction - "Golfology"

"Golfology" is the entire culture of golf, from the game itself (rules, history, etc.) to its playgrounds - where we play the game (see Golfography) - and the business of golf.

It's 20/20 as well as the basics of running a public course.

It's everything from the latest materials used in equipment to the controversy about the ball and how far it goes.

It's who's making money and who's losing it, including the wagers that pay off (and those that don't).

It's everything from eBay's power in selling new and used equipment to the latest opinion column in Golfweek or Golf World.

In other words, when I use the term "golfology," I'm referring to a 360-degree view of golf as game, as business, as culture. It gives me much broader license to write about what I'm thinking and reading than "Golfography" did (and does), since that's really about the geography of golf.

So as I set out to blog about "Golfology," I'm really opening up a broader connection to the game. I'm sure I'll more likely focus on the business aspects, but I don't want to paint myself into a corner.

I hope you enjoy "Golfology," return often, and tell your friends and business associates about it. And if my company may be of assistance with your brand, your marketing, or your communications, just yell "Fore!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home